In Jun 2019, a 47th PCA General Assembly in Dallas adopted a recommendation from a Overtures Committee directing a Moderator to “appoint a 7 voting members who shall be possibly PCA training or statute 10 elders, and a Committee shall embody during slightest 3 training and 3 statute elders.”
Below is a outline of a matters addressed by a Committee:
1. An annotated bibliography;
2. The inlet of temptation, sin, repentance, and a disproportion between Roman Catholic and Reformed views of concupiscence as regards same-sex attraction;
3. The appropriateness of regulating terms like “gay Christian” when referring to a follower struggling with same-sex attraction;
4, The standing of “orientation” as a current anthropomorphic category;
5. The use of “spiritual friendship” among same-sex captivated Christians;
6. An research of The Westminster Larger Catechism per same-sex attraction, with clever courtesy given to a harmony of a 7th commandment and same-sex captivate and a office of virginity by those captivated to a same sex;
7. An elucidation of a terms “malakoi” and “arsenokoitai” (1 Cor. 6:9);
8. Suggested ways to clear and urge a Biblical bargain of homosexuality, same-sex attraction, and transgenderism in a context of a enlightenment that denies that understanding.
The full news is attached to this article.